A wonderful Cairo day tour to see Muslim, Christian and Jewish historical sites such as the Mohammed Ali Mosque, the Hanging Church and Ben Ezra Temple. Finish with a stroll through the colorful streets of Khan El Khalili.
Pick up from anywhere in Cairo. Your tour begins with a visit to the Citadel of Salah el Din, situated on Muqattam Hill with wonderful views over Cairo. The main feature of the Citadel is the mosque of Mohammed Ali built as a replica to the magnificent Blue Mosque in Istanbul. The Citadel complex encompasses several mosques, the Gawhara Palace and the Police and Military Museums. After visiting the Citadel, we explore the streets of Coptic Cairo and Old Cairo. You will see how the past and present co-exist and how different faiths live peacefully side by side.
You will visit:
- The Hanging Church - one of the oldest churches in Egypt.
- Amr Ben al'As Mosque - the oldest and first mosque built in Egypt.
- The Church of Abu Serga - one of the oldest Coptic churches in Egypt and said to be the place where the holy family - Joseph, Mary and infant Jesus stayed in the crypt when came to Egypt.
- Ben Ezra's Temple - the most important Jewish monument in Egypt, said to be where baby Moses was found.
- You tour ends with a visit to the famous Khan El Khalili shopping bazaar.
- Transfer back to anywhere in Cairo.